Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
Benefits of mindfulness: help relieve stress, treat heart disease, lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain, improve sleep.
When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we're sensing in the PRESENT moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
Here are some easy ways you can practice mindfulness in your daily life.
· Eat mindfully.
· Live in the moment.
· Get lost in the flow of doing things you love.
· Accept yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend.
· Connect with your senses.
· Travel or mix up your routine.
· Observe your thoughts and emotions.
One tip: go to park end just observe what is around you – trees, flowers, animals, people playing with their dogs or playing some game ect. just breathe, relax and enjoy the MOMENT.
And what is distracting us from being fully present? Our phones! Think about it.